[aerogear-dev] [POC] Unified Geo Server

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 09:48:05 EST 2014

Hi all,

I have been working on a POC around geolocation. Like we discussed in
another thread, we decided not to have a "deep" integration with the Push
server but instead a separate component / microservice. Well the POC is
more a miniservice ;)

So, the idea is to have a server to which devices can register by providing
their positions. On the other side, the server provide an endpoint to make
spatial queries, like give me all the installations within a radius of 10
km around this lat/ltg.

Thanks to Forge, I created/scaffolded a really simple server providing the
registration endpoint and the search endpoint.

I tried to make a decent readme that will give you more details :

https://github.com/sebastienblanc/unified-geo-server

And as usual, I made a little screencast showing all that in action ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-qdLJh4EWQ

Please remember this is a POC, so the security is almost inexistant, the
console is awful ;)

What about the Client SDKs ?

If we reach some kind of consensus arounf the concept of Unfied Geo Server
we can start building the Client SDKs / POCs , they will be quite simple :
retrieve geolocation and register to the geo endpoint.

Sebi