[aerogear-dev] Issues with Aerogear on Cordova

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Feb 19 04:15:13 EST 2014

Hello Miguel,

thanks for reaching out.

One thing on the OpenShift documentation, what the URL you are referencing
?

A few things on OpenShift versus local deployment:

* http vs. https:
For the OpenShift cartridges we have enabled https, If you run locally
(e.g. inside of your JBoss/WildFly container) https is a pain, hence http
might be referenced somewhere

* CONTEXT:
On Openshift the UnifiedPush Server is deployed as root (/) context. If you
locally deploy the war file, the context is /nameOfYourWarFile

Regarding not receving messages on the Android device:
* what is the Android OS on the device
* is there an (active) Google account on the device

One more question: The registration works, right ?

var pushConfig = {
  // senderID is only used in the Android/GCM case
  senderID: "SomeSenderID",
  pushServerURL: "someULR",
  variantID: "someID",
  variantSecret: "someSecret",
  alias: "someAlias"
		}

Question: Do you see the device listed as the installation, on the
OpenShift hosted Push Server ?

Thanks,
Matthias