[aerogear-dev] AeroGear project structure and the website

Lee Graham lgraham at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 09:50:13 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

+1 this is great!

> > --
>
> > abstractj
>

> > On February 20, 2014 at 11:06:34 AM, Hylke Bons ( hbons at redhat.com ) wrote:
>

> > > TL;DR: The most important questions that we need to answer are
> >

> > > these:
> >

> > > - "If I download a library on one platform, what must I download
> >

> > > to use
> >

> > > the same features on an other platform?"
> >

> I like this approach. I'd rather be feature driven than library driven. I
> think most yours will be looking for what we can do for them before looking
> at what native libs we provide.

> Lets get this breakdown together for Hylke - using the eitherpad or a gist
> seems the best approach here.

As the noob to the group... perhaps another way to think of this could be by platform -> type of resource needed -> then desired feature?

So If I'm a Cordova developer and I want to learn how-to setup UnifiedPush Server and integrate Push within my hybrid app I don't care about the native Android & iOS libraries, guides, etc.. I just want everything that is relevant to hybrid apps. I actually ran into this exact issue this last weekend when I created my first push notification app. Its hard to keep track of what guides and sample code I needed. This may solve that. I kind of like the way http://devcenter.kinvey.com/ does this. When I first go there it allows me to select my dev platform and it sets a cookie so when I come back its still on that platform. I can swap at any time, but as a developer I really liked the Kinvey experience because I could find what I needed. Nothing more nothing less.