[aerogear-dev] Geottagged notifications

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Feb 24 13:14:42 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Miguel Lemos <miguel21op at gmail.com> wrote:

> That would be neat if  I understand a simple way to send a  push to a
> particular dude's phone. So far I've not yet understood how...

use an alias that is *unique* (E.g. the user-id in your backend):

curl -3 -u "{variantID}:{secret}"
    -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json"
    -X POST
    -d '{
      "deviceToken" : "someTokenString",
      "alias" : "myUniqueString"
     }'

https://SERVER:PORT/context/rest/registry/device

Now, the above does store this string (the alias ) on the device metadata.

Filter exactly that one device (for user w/ alias myUniqueString) for send:

curl -3 -u "{PushApplicationID}:{MasterSecret}"
     -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json"
     -X POST
   -d '{
       "alias" : ["myUniqueString"],
       "message": {
           "alert":"HELLO!"
       }
    }'

https://SERVER:PORT/context/rest/sender

*NOTE:* that the alias is used here (on the send) to filter/query that
exact user.

-M