[aerogear-dev] Geottagged notifications

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Feb 27 01:59:12 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Miguel Lemos <miguel21op at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I tried it. It's easy.
>
> Do you know, for me, what's one of the biggest - unexpected - hurdle to
> surpass? The information you people give about the URLs to use, etc.; it
> varies according to the platform ("context" for using your terminology).
> For instance, someone that  is on Cordova / mobile , must use something
> different from  another guy targeting etwas anderes... And for a newbie
> arriving from outside to your ecosystem it's not so easy as you might think.

The context is a well defined thing in the Java world (it comes from the
Servlet Spec). I am not really sure hot to name it better :-(

http(s)://server:port/context

But I think that all our docs are using the same 'schema' of the URL (the
OpenShift blog is an outdated announcement, not really documentation).

Where do you think we use the URL totally differently, in our docs (not the
outdated OpenShift blog post) ?

> Thanks for your support.

You are welcome!

We are all happy that it works, and we are also very much willing to
improve our docs etc.

Thanks for pointing out issues