[aerogear-dev] sync

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Thu Jan 2 10:13:50 EST 2014

On 12/20/2013 06:34 AM, Erik Jan de Wit wrote:
> So we already agreed that CouchDB has some nice features, but why wouldn’t we just use pouchdb for javascript and touchdb? I’ve just tested the javascript and it syncs with the server perfectly, even if there are some things missing we could add them because these projects are open source.
Because wrapping CouchDB and friends to AeroGear with no other reason
than to create a org.jboss.sync name space is dumb.

Also the how of sync is still a bit far off. I'm still interested in the
"what" of sync. What use cases are we supporting, what features are we
supporting, what are our goals, what does a working finished sync impl
look like, etc.