[aerogear-dev] Strange encrypted store behavior

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 03:46:38 EST 2014

Hi Tadeas,

I think you bring back on the table an unfinished discussion on the topic of AGPassphraseKeyServices(used in password demo app) vs. AGPasswordKeyServices (not used in any demo yet).

In AGPasswordKeyServices the password is stored in secure local storage (KeyChain for iOS, KeyStore for Android), therefore you could do a password check at login time as stated in your workflow. I think we intended to have 2 diffences EncryptionServices for those differents usage.
http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Android-Crypto-API-sample-td5306.html
More work is needed for AGPasswordKeyServices and adding a demo/recipe app for it would be nice.
@summers @cvasilak do you remember the discussion?

As for the problem of encrypting with one passphrase then another one and not be able to decrypt any data afterward, I think this is an issue that should be fixed. JIRA needed.

++
Corinne