[aerogear-dev] Getting Involved in AG?

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Jan 14 14:48:39 EST 2014

Hi Lee,

nice to meet you and thanks for the interest in our project!

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM, Lee Graham <lgraham at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was hoping to find a way to get plugged into the AeroGear project. I've
> looked at the AG roadmaps, talked with Jay and Steve, and I'm really
> excited about what you've been doing!
>
> I wanted to see how I could get plugged in. I was thinking of working on a
> quickstart or two, and possibly even some blogging. To start topics like
> "what if" scenarios for companies to see how they could potentially use AG
> to extend current IT infrastructures to mobile. These are just my ideas.
> I'm open to your thought on what are the needs of the community and how I
> can help.

sure these all do sound good and I am sure more doc, blog or even
quickstarts could help for growing the community.

I think best is you pick a topic of your interest for that.

If you are also interested in code related items, feel free to check out
our JIRA instances to see if a ticket does sound interesting as a good
starting point.

> Brief background... I've worked at Red Hat since March 2012, and have
> been leading a small team to develop a RH mobile learning app. We are using
> Cordova + OpenShift.com. Once we get our SAML auth working, we will
> integrate push via AG. I'm most comfortable w/ PHP and JavaScript.

Ah, speaking about AG push integration; An article on that subject (e.g.
how you integrated the AG UnifiedPush Server w/ your project) would be
helpful for the project as well.

Something else that comes up is a SDK for PHP-based backend - some code is
already there, but I think it needs to be updated and polished:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-183

Another idea might be some doc on the OpenShift cartridge:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-475

Let us know what you think about these items ;-)

> I have a few hobbies, but my most recent exploration has been brewing beer
> (just finished a vanilla witbier, and before that a belgium tripel).

beer++ :-)

Greetings,
Matthias