[aerogear-dev] [iOS] Apple requires iOS 7 for new apps/updates by Feb 1st

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Jan 16 01:31:50 EST 2014

Hi,

in December, while I was away, I missed an email from Apple Developer,
telling that by Feb. 1st all app submissions to the store need to be
'optimized'  for iOS 7.

"Starting February 1, new apps and app updates submitted to the App Store
must be built with the latest version of Xcode 5 and must be optimized for
iOS 7. "

That's an interesting statement; also for our iOS libraries... - So....
looks like we can simply remove the 'support' / linkage of older SDKs, and
straight update to iOS 7...

Thoughts ?

-Matthias

[1] https://developer.apple.com/news/