[aerogear-dev] AeroGear January sync release postponed

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 06:17:57 EST 2014

> +1 on postponing to a later point. If ready by April, should be fine as
> well (my opinion). Bruno had a good point, that the postponed release
> should not stop us from releasing (unstable) snapshots for testing reasons.
> I like that: Release often, release early.

What is actually an (unstable) snapshot? Could you shed more light on that?

Namely, is the "snapshot" a set of micro/minor releases of Aerogear projects?
Or do you plan to release every Aerogear project as -SNAPSHOT? Or introducing
-milestone/.Mx/alpha/beta/cr/timestamp/any-qualifier-you-like into version
strings?

I don't think 2/ option is a good idea, especially if SNAPSHOTs are released
early & often. That would be a maintenance/testing nightmare, if various
SNAPSHOTs of the same project cannot be distinguished from each other and used
within other projects.

Karel