[aerogear-dev] AeroGear January sync release postponed

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 09:07:40 EST 2014

On 01/20/2014 06:39 AM, Karel Piwko wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:27:22 +0100
> Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

>>> reasons.
>>> What is actually an (unstable) snapshot? Could you shed more light on that?
>>>
>> I'd say a regular snapshot, from master branch, released to the snapshot
>> repo
> That's good until another project(s) will rely on it. You update snaphot and
> other projects will get broken without any option to avoid that. It would be
> much better to make snapshots stable in time, as I described in previous email.
So from my POV I don't mind code SNAPSHOTS always breaking.  One of the
problems with having several machines and locations to work from is
keeping the code up to date.  Because the Android project is in flux
based on upstream AND downstream projects (IE demos I'm writing to
exercise the APIs) it is very very nice to have something I can look at
and play with.

I understand a side effect of this is I will have to rewrite code, but
in my instance I'm usually rewriting code based on code changes I made.

Maybe we can do the Google thing and we have to rewrite tests we break?
(/me Waits for the flood of -1's)