[aerogear-dev] [UnifiedPush] Query component issues with 'deviceType' for simplepush clients

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Jan 22 03:57:47 EST 2014

Howdy!

Going over the code I recalled that right now we somewhat nail the
device-type for SimplePush clients down to just 'web' (see [1] and [2]).

However w/ the new Java-Client, [3], (e.g. for desktop environments) it
would be pretty stupid to 'require' the 'web' there as well.

Instead of coming up w/ something else, I'd propose handle it like we do
Android/iOS.
Basically: Feel free to register your device with a device-type what ever
you are up to; Use the same for the sending/querying part, if it fits your
backend/model.

Any thoughts?

Greetings,
Matthias