[aerogear-dev] Data Sync Thoughts

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Tue Jan 28 13:11:18 EST 2014

On 01/28/2014 01:07 PM, Douglas Campos wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:48:14AM -0500, Lucas Holmquist wrote:
>> On Jan 28, 2014, at 10:30 AM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 01/28/2014 09:36 AM, Lucas Holmquist wrote:
>>> 3.  AG Synchronizer listens for sync messages using UnifiedPush endpoints.
>> i thought for a 1.0 we weren't thinking about "realtime"
> Yep, and I'm still against realtime for 1.0
So I think I may be a bit confused on what "realtime" is.

When I hear realtime I'm thinking there is a socket open and messages
are being sent to it hand handled in < 100ms.

What I was proposing by `AG Synchronizer listens for sync messages using
UnifiedPush endpoints` is being able for the server to send "wake up and
poll" messages to clients.  That does not hit my "real time" definition.