[aerogear-dev] Aerogear Cordova Push Plugin

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Jan 29 12:11:24 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> My next round of testing, when is onNotification called, please help me
> think through the scenarios
> 1) Android: when the app is up and in the foreground - yes
> 2) iOS: when the app is up and in the foreground - yes
> 3) Android: when the app is not on - yes (user killed the app)

not sure, but I *think* when the user used a 'task killer* to 'kill' the
app, it's no longer receiving messages
(at least at some point I did notice that behaviour w/ AeroDoc-Android)

> 4) iOS: when the app is not on - yes (user killed the app)
> 5) Android: when device is on its "lock screen"/screen off - yes - android
> vibrates
> 6) * iOS: when device is on its "lock screen"/screen off - sometimes - iOS
> displays message on lock screen

hrm, sometimes ?
Let me try that out

> 7) Android: when app is on but in the background - yes
> 8) ** iOS: when app is on but in the background - NO

hrm... are you on iOS7 ?

> * seems to depend on how long the device has had its screen off
> ** this one seems to be a problem - as demonstrated in this video
> http://screencast.com/t/gtORCvRtNy
> It seems to me that the iOS app, in the background, should still have its
> onNotification method called to update its UI

hrm. can't watch that video; will test the sometimes in a bit