[aerogear-dev] iOS8: what's new?

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:30:20 EDT 2014

> On Jul 3, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> A couple that I noticed (only a few minutes of scanning the headlines)
> - WKWebView - a lot of native apps leverage the webview, not just Cordova - to show docs as an example

yeap a long-awaited feature finally settled..at last

> - NSQualityOfService - might be the way to address backgrounded tasks like checking for some data to sync?

it could be,
basically replaces an old ‘threadPriority' property attached to an operation which much be settled manually (0.0 to 1.0)  with more fine grained and expressive values e.g NSOperationQualityOfServiceBackground, NSOperationQualityOfServiceUserInitiated.. etc

-
Christos