[aerogear-dev] iOS 6 and Cordova push-sdk

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:08:17 EDT 2014

Hi all,

in order to support users that are currently want to use our Cordova push-sdk, in versions less than iOS 7 we have been discussing two options:

a) either modify the native push-sdk that currently uses iOS 7 API for its foundation networking(as of 0.9.0), to use older API that is supported both in iOS 6 and iOS 7 (but not recommended from Apple in favor of the new networking API).
b) create a branch in Cordova push-sdk plugin (e.g. ‘branch_iOS 6')that uses an older version of the native push-sdk (0.8.1) which was the last version of the native plugin that used the old networking API supporting both iOS 6 and 7.

After discussing with Eric And Matthias [1], from cordova push-plugin perspective the native API that Cordova uses hasn’t changed and option b) can be used for users that want to still support iOS 6.

Note: This branch will be there just for community's convenience of the users that for some reason want to support iOS 6 and won’t be shipped.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Christos

[1] http://transcripts.jboss.org/channel/irc.freenode.org/%23aerogear/2014/latest.log.html#t2014-07-09T09:42:55