[aerogear-dev] Use Case: Geo Location Pushes

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 10:27:48 EDT 2014

On 07/14/2014 12:29 PM, Chau Thai wrote:
> Hello dear developers,
>
> We would like to build a push service triggered by the location of
> users. We have build a service with which users can save notes on a map.
> To inform other users of the creation of the note, we want to send all
> users in a given radius a push notification.
> The relevance of his current location is very important to fullfil this
> scenario.
> It would really help us if you could implement a feature to save the
> current geo location of the user via the existing register method.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Chau/Cydmax

This is a great idea and is in out thought sphere.  As matzew said, we
will probably be updating roadmaps and Jiras to include this after we
hit 1.0.0.

I believe Google has pretty good Push geo-fencing APIs for Google Play
Services for Android.  One of the first hurdles to overcome will be how
we make a good Open Source product without having to be so tightly
attached to Google's proprietary blobs.

Heck we are even still working on that with Push in general...

--
Summers Pittman