[aerogear-dev] [Android] UnifiedPush Registration as a separate module ?

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:53:25 EDT 2014

Hi !
This is just an idea (for later/future) I had when I looked at the Amazon
Device Messaging bits (the GCM variant from Amazon).

Basically it's just Java/Android code :
https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/device-messaging/tech-docs/04-integrating-your-app-with-adm

But when we will implement the UPS Amazon library  there will be some
duplication (basically the UPS registration process).

It would be nice if this was extracted into a small module (i.e :
android-unifiedpush-registration) that could be used by the "pure" android
bits (i.e : android-unifiedpush-gcm) and by the Amazon bits
(android-unifiedpush-adm)  and maybe later by other system based on Android
but using their own Push infra.

wdyt ?

Sebi