[aerogear-dev] Differences between Firefox OS "native" Push lib and AeroGear's Push adapter

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 08:49:05 EDT 2014

Long term, we want an implementation that works on all servers. If some
of them reject path params with '/', we need to token encode it somehow.

According to https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/SimplePush/Protocol ,
EndpointURL should be exposed to application. Which does not mean that
it must be exposed to via UPS, right? As UPS is *THE* application to
which EndpointURL is exposed to.

UPS can translate {deviceToken} to EndpointURL. We just need a way how
to generate unique {deviceToken} on client. Would UUID work?
EndpointURL can become part of JSON [1].

Such change would mean that clients can't use SP server directly but
have to go through UPS. This makes more sense then current setup to me.

Karel

[1]
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/rest/registry/installations/InstallationRegistrationEndpoint.java#L74