[aerogear-dev] Differences between Firefox OS "native" Push lib and AeroGear's Push adapter

Tadeas Kriz tkriz at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 10:33:54 EDT 2014

—
Tadeas Kriz

On 25 Jul 2014, at 03:33 pm, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> Hi Tadeas, you are correct. Apache web server disallow %2F or %5C
> due to security concerns. There are several alternatives, most of them
> workarouds, some people double encode it, others replace / by _ back and
> forth or some people disable it like:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>    AllowEncodedSlashes On
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I hope it helps, otherwise let me know how I can help.

Thanks, this is what I’ve found yesterday while researching this. The “allowencodedslashes” just opens the security hole, doesn’t it? Anyway, what I meant was if it would be a possible security issue, if we could get it working without the encoded URL at all. Like Daniel propsed, to use the `.*` regex to match everything beneath the `/installation/` so the actual request would look like that?

```
DELETE /rest/registry/installation/http://localhost:8321/asdasdasdasd
```

Thanks.