[aerogear-dev] Github releases

Lucas Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 15:13:08 EDT 2014

Hi all,

yup,  sending this on a Friday, at 3pm EST.

while going over some of the JS push tutorial docs, i found that the links to the AG JS lib were point to somewhat older releases.  While we could try to remember to update these docs after every release,  i propose we use githubs really neat “release”  button.

Basically, we would still tag our releases normally,  and after we push those up,  we can press the “Draft a New Release” button.

This allows us to choose an existing tag, but some release notes in, and also mark as a pre-release

but the best part,  is that we can now link to the “latest” release in our docs

This is the link created: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js-dist/releases/latest

this will link to: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/releases/tag/1.5.1

wdyt?

-Luke