[aerogear-dev] admin-ui and Keycloak.js integration

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Mon Jun 9 12:05:09 EDT 2014

Ahoy and thank you.

I was looking and testing your latest changes, in the very beginning of
this integration I also tried to include Angular.js' interceptors and
all the Angular-isms available.

The problem is the fact of hiding the probable bug. If you change the
endpoint to something like:

@GET
@Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
public Response listAllPushApplications(@Context
  HttpServletRequest request) {
    return Response.ok(pushAppService.findAllPushApplicationsForDeveloper("admin")).build();
}

or

@GET
@Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
public Response listAllPushApplications(@Context
  HttpServletRequest request) {
    return Response.ok("guacamole").build();
}

The issue still persists. I'll keep investigating.

On 2014-06-07, Sebastien Blanc wrote:
> Hi my friend !
>
> Just to let you know I started to look at your branch and indeed you better
> not be epileptic to survive the crazy reloads ;)
> I have nothing to push right now but I have some ideas :
>
> * Like you mention, the redirect and main route broke the stuff. So, I
> think we should remove that and do the initial redirect in the success
> callback of the keycloakAuth.init call. I have a local branch where I
> manage to do that, but it's really hacky and I face another issue , the
> first next REST call fails because there are not auth info. But ! This is
> there where we have to introduce the Auth interceptor like here
> https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/examples/demo-template/angular-product-app/src/main/webapp/js/app.js#L43-L60
>
> I think based on this, we should be able to find a solution. I will try to
> push my work ASAP and maybe some dudes for KC could give us some hints as
> well.
>
> Have a good weekend !
>
> sebi
>

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
>
> > Good morning,
> >
> > I'm struggling to integrate Keycloak.js with our admin-ui. Everything
> > works perfectly well out of admin-ui with UPS and Angular.js as you
> > might notice here:
> >
> > https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/tree/keycloak-angular
> >
> > The issue lies when I enable the routes related with redirect and
> > MainController:
> >
> > https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/tree/keycloak_angular_integration
> > .
> > Just open http://localhost:8080/ag-push and watch your browser reload
> > like crazy. When the main route and redirect are disable, everything goes
> > well:
> >
> > https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/dd9438c6503061fba8aa0e0d77973971888e9379
> >

> > At first glance it doesn't sound to be a problem on KC.js, once already
> > works with Angular.js:
> >
> > https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/demo-template/angular-product-app
> > .
> >
> > If you have any idea, help is appreciated.
> >
> > --
> >
> > abstractj

abstractj