[aerogear-dev] More on AeroGear - iOS

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 06:42:06 EDT 2014

Hi Yagyesh,

thanks for trying out and for your PR, nice work!

my comments inline:

On Jun 13, 2014, at 10:39 AM, Yagyesh <yagyesh.agrawal at itpeoplecorp.com> wrote:

> 1.
> Recently, while working on GoogleDrive iOS sample i found that the app was
> not being notified back if user chose 'Cancel' instead of 'Accept' on the
> Google's OAuth permission page. The returned url from Google looks something
> like this:
> org.aerogear.googledrive:/oauth2Callback?error=access_denied
>
> And below is the code snippet from requestAuthorizationCodeSuccess method of
> AGRestOAuth2Module:
> ------------------------------
> // extract the code from the URL
>            NSString* code = [[self parametersFromQueryString:[url query]]
> valueForKey:@"code"];
>            // if exists perform the exchange
>            if (code)
>                [self exchangeAuthorizationCodeForAccessToken:code
> success:success failure:failure];
> ----------------------------
>
> If user denied permissions, 'code' would be nil and there is no else part. I
> believe there should be a way to notify the app.

+1 agree with this, would you mind to open a JIRA for it [1] to look at.

> 2.
> Another thing that i could not achieve was multipart upload. I'm not sure if
> i did anything wrong but no matter what i tired i always used to get 'Bad
> request' error. If multipart upload works for iOS, is there any example that
> i can refer to? If multipart is not tested throughly, it would be time for
> me to bring up wireshark, see how the request is actually being sent over
> http & hopefully fix multipart upload for iOS.

I do remember when trying to support ‘?multipart’ endpoint on gdrive this problem, unfortunately I couldn’t find the issue why this was failing.  I remember the frustration, cause dumping the network frames looked exactly similar on what the library was sending underlying. That’s why in the demo instead we went to use two pipes, one for the upload and one for the metadata set.

I would though appreciate if you can revisit with wireshark to possible identify the issue with gdrive, which possible I missed, and hopefully enhance our lib.

Regardless though, for an example of multipart you can try our iOS demo [2] that goes against our integration-tests server [3]  and particularly going against the upload endpoint [4]. Running it, you will see on the log the server dumping the filenames (and their sizes) together with any key-value pairs you set on the request.

Let us know with your findings.

BTW, you can find most of the developers in the irc://irc.freenode.net/aerogear irc channel, feel free to join and introduce yourself!

Thanks and keep up!
Christos

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGIOS
[2] https://github.com/cvasilak/MultiPartIOSDemo