[aerogear-dev] UPS console: server error response handling on client-side

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:25:08 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

I was looking into AGPUSH-720 and I got an perception that not all error
response do we actually know on the client-side.

We should establish a common pattern - contract between server and client -
which says how is a failure message transported from server to client, e.g.:

- response header
- response message body /w given structure

Right now, I've opened a PR for a generic failure handling mechanism that
can catch and report any error:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/226/files

I plan to extend this error handling code dynamically as needed based on
response codes (e.g. 404=Request resource is missing) and contract
mentioned above ^.

Wdyt?

~ Lukas