[aerogear-dev] Release process

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Mar 11 05:00:14 EDT 2014

Hello,

for the Java bits we do have a solid release process ([1]). The main
benefit is we stage the artifacts on a repo and give the community a
heads-up for testing. Based on this vote we release (or may not release).
This is a great way to engage the entire community to double check and give
feedback. The release process is a shared thing inside of the community.

For the other bits we currently do not have a similar process (my feeling).
I'd actually prefer if we establish something like that on all the other
platforms as well. This gives the community a chance to test the bits
before we push them to the repos.

IMO, if we start 'silently' release bits to the actual repositories it's
kinda bypassing the community's feedback on a particular release candiate.
Sure all the projects have tests, but manual testing, by the community is
IMO a very positive thing

-Matthias

[1] https://github.com/aerogear/collateral/wiki/Release-Process-(Java)