[aerogear-dev] security updates

Burr Sutter bsutter at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 13:12:09 EDT 2014

We are going to have to support a range of Cordova versions for the following reasons:
1) Sync'ing with JBDS
2) Sync'ing with what is supported at any given moment - where the supported version may only update 2 times a year
3) Addressing the fact that customers are slow to upgrade unless there is a very real problem exposed in their specific application - for example, if they don't use a particular Cordova plugin then they might ignore a particular vulnerability that is tied to a specific plugin.  Another example, if their apps are only used on 25 corporate executives phones, then they might determine the vulnerability is less important (small, fixed audience).

We will need to pick a specific time window for all parties to "catch up" like 12 months.