[aerogear-dev] Staging of UnifiedPush Server 0.10.1

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Mar 12 11:39:50 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Stefan Miklosovic <smikloso at redhat.com>wrote:

> ------------------------------
>

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Stefan Miklosovic <smikloso at redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello Matthias,
>>
>> we executed UPS integration tests on the latest commit in 0.10.x brach
>> (35d15c91b7b4f01902e2fdb6a61d60506439a67c) and tests passed ok.
>>

> awesome!
>

>> Since you talked about Bintray, we could move this little bit further and
>> test
>> staged bits directly from there - meaning wars which are not on Maven
>> Central
>> yet but they are already on Bintray would be downloaded from there
>> dynamically
>> and our intergration test suite would be run directly against built (but
>> yet unreleased) wars.
>>

> the WAR files from my private staging repo will be exactly those that I
> upload to bintray;
>
> I use the private repo, to avoid an early publish (before the release is
> really done)
>
> Ah, right. The discussion I had with Karel was that it would be nice to
> test these built wars before they
> finally reach Maven Central and Bintray would act as a staging place just
> as your private repo right now.

feel free to use my private staging repo as your repo (it's a valid maven
repo URL)
http://people.apache.org/~matzew/aerogear-staging/

> I am not sure if Bintray supports this but if it is possible, Bintray
> could be exactly what your
> "private repo" is right now, we would just make it more robust / official
> moving from
> your private repo somewhere (no offence) to Bintray.
>
> By doing this, we kind of abuse Bintray, I guess it is not primarily used
> for staging bits but for announcing them to the world,
> however it is technically possible.

yes, but I am more interested in keep my current process:

* staging: my Apache account
* release: bintray (there we have all the good stats etc)

> However feel free to cancel this idea. We are planning to test these
> unreleased wars anyway so instead of Bintray
> we try to download them from your private repo but I am just saying that
> having it from Bintray seems to be better.

And again, these files from my private repo are exactly the same that I
than upload to bintray (assuming the release tests are passing)

-M