[aerogear-dev] Staging of UnifiedPush Server 0.10.1

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Mar 13 14:07:38 EDT 2014

On Thursday, March 13, 2014, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2014, at 1:11 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','matzew at apache.org');>>
> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','bsutter at redhat.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> By the way, I am really enjoying the new Test Message feature :-)
>>

> IT's not only a test message :)
> you can use that to just reach out to users :) (think marketing apps :) )
>

> Well, I do not yet consider it ready for marketing users. Mostly because
> of the security model - everybody is an admin - it would be bad if the
> marketing folks messed up the iOS cert for example.
>
> I believe we should have some form of read-only user role as well as a
> "message sending" only role - therefore the admin can protect all the other
> settings.

Was part of our user mgmt thread in nov/dec/jan

> This can wait until after 1.0, for now, just "push administrators" can
> send messages - useful for testing, sometimes in the case of emergency,
> however, I would not recommend giving all that power to the average
> marketing person.

Well, think small shops/agencies: IMO pretty much all they need

I agree we need improvements after 1.0 (e.g. Keycloak user roles etc).

But I'd also not "recommend" to _not_ use the UI for real pushes :-) BUT
yeah, not yet 100% enterprise

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile