[aerogear-dev] Sound issue Cordova iOS and notation

Miguel Lemos miguel21op at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:50:26 EDT 2014

Hi

The sound event when the notification arrives doesn't seem to work (at
least on iPhone; Android not tested yet).

And yes: the sound plugin is installed and working just fine.

Besides, I don't understand quite well the way you build the event. Example
given by you for Android:

var my_media = new Media("/android_asset/www/" + e.sound);

..What sound? I can have several sounds on a given folder...

I think a better - and more trivial - approach would be something like this
(just an opinion...):

if (e.sound) {
if (device.platform == "Android") {
media = new Media("/android_asset/www/beep.wav");
} else if (device.platform == "iOS") {
media = new Media("beep.wav"); // root directory
}
media.play();
          }

Thanks guys :-)