[aerogear-dev] Sound issue Cordova iOS and notation

Miguel Lemos miguel21op at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 10:02:48 EDT 2014

Well, for Android I know we can define programmatically  how the app
behaves when the notification arrives to the notification tray. For iPhone
I don't know, but I read this (among other things):

"I just figured out one way to do this [vibrate without sound]: if you want
to phone to *only* vibrate on receipt of a push notification, you need to
have a silent sound file in your application bundle, for example
"silence.aif" ... if you specify that sound file in the APS notification,
the iOS device will "play" the silence.aif from your application bundle,
but since the sound is silence, there is nothing to hear. However the
notification vibration is still triggered"

And also this about push notifications on Facebook:

For any of you's who have been frustrated with no sounds for notifications
on Facebook, and to those who despises them!

There is now a fix for both worlds..Yes Facebook finally fixed their
facebook notification sounds on iPhone. This post is for the people who
enjoy getting facebook notifications, like me!

-Go to the facebook app on phone
-Go to Account Settings
-Go to Notifications
-Go to Mobile Push
-Look at the top of the screen, go to where it says "Sound for push
notifications"
-Edit it to ON for all notifications

Enjoy guys. And for those who don't want sound than don't edit this and
leave at default!!