[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush Server deployment

A577127 antoine.matyja at worldline.com
Tue Mar 25 11:40:37 EDT 2014

Hey everyone :)

I'm new to AeroGear and I'm trying to run the UnifiedPush server to try to
send push notifications to my apps.
I tryed to follow the  tutorial on Github
<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server>   but got stuck at
the deployment step. Then I tryed to deploy the .war downloaded  here
<http://aerogear.org/push/>   but didn't get better results.

Let me give you more details about what I did. I'm on Windows 7. I use a
proxy (proxy:3128).

- I downloaded JBoss EAP 6.1.0. I added an user and can run it with
standalone.bat and log to the Administration console from localhost:8080.

- I downloaded the project from Github (as a zip) :
aerogear-unified-push-server-master

- I added an H2 datasource (it seemed to be the easiest) thanks to the
tutorial on Github. Seems ok.

- I tryed to deploy the server with maven (as stated in the tutorial) : mvn
package jboss-as:deploy, but got errors (like a lot) :

- Then I found a .war file on the  website <http://aerogear.org/push/>   so
I tryed to deploy it directly. I tryed several ways : from the
Administration console (got errors), from the cli (same thing) and by
dragging the .war file to /standalone/deployments. It failed but gave the
best results :

<http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/file/n7086/agupshot.png>

Stuff seems OK but if I click on "ejb3" I get an error. I also get this when
I start the standalone.bat script :

(it says that 49 services failed or missed dependancies)

That's it... I can give more details if you want. I would appreciate any
help :)

Thanks in advance !