[aerogear-dev] UPS UX updates

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 05:44:56 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>wrote:

> As said before: overall they are really looking very great and modern! I
> really like them.
>
> A few questions on some of the screens:
>
> * applications.png
> List ("table") of all Push Applications:
> - Is there no side bar for this?
>
> * application-details-blue.png
> It's the details of one application, and has overview of all its variants.
> - Is the plan to list all variants on their platform? Instead of having a
> table? I do like that grouping! Just wondering :-)

I also like the grouping but when we will introduce paging, it will be
paging per groups ? Not sure how UX friendly that will be.

- When I click on a certain variant (e.g. the "Demo" variant of the iOS
> section ), there is no separate page/view for its' details? Like its
> installations ? I'd really prefer to have a page/view for all the details
> of a certain variant. Also the code snippets for a variant is missing

I also like it this way, all the info needed can fit and not sure if we
want to navigate to another page jsut for the details (For editing yes =>
other page).

The Code Snippets : Yeah A button/link would be needed

> - Sidebar: is that specific to an application? See notes on
> "applications.png"
> - The "Notifications" on the sidebar, what's that?
> - What's the "gear-wheel" for ?
>
> * "dialogs.png"
> - For an application construct, that's good enough; Creating a variant is
> a bit more complex (see current UI)
> - Is there no side bar for this?

I assume that for delete app/variant or reset id/secrets we will use the
same dialogs

> * installations.png
> - Is there no side bar for this?
> - If I understand the view/page correctly, its a list of ALL installations
> for one PushApplication. However, we should list the variants PER variant
> (see current UI).  The Navigation path on the bread-crumbs would be
> "Applications >> Mobile HR >> Demo (iOS) >> Installations (number)"

+1 but I think that was also Hylke's initial idea  because on the
application details screen you see that the link to installations is on the
 "variant" level. I think it was just a glitch in his bread-crumbs.