[aerogear-dev] xctool and xcpretty

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:58:52 EDT 2014

Hi Karel,

answers inline

On Mar 26, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Karel Piwko <kpiwko at redhat.com> wrote:

> Anything that helps stability of iOS testing env will get automatic +1 for
> me. We fee the pain of xctool as well.

nice to hear :)

> The only downside I see here is that xcpretty uses Ruby and maintaining Ruby
> (gem) dependencies is a PITA in long term. Is there any plan to user bundler to
> keep gemset the same across various local dev envs and CI?

not at the moment, plan was to edit .travis.yml with something like this[1] but we can certainly look at if it eases the pain.
You feel adding ‘-v’ on the 'gem install step' on .travis.yml will help a bit to circumvent the gem versioning issue, or going through full use of bundler is the way to go?  Thinking if it is too much for an iOS project but can be wrong though.

Regards,
Christos

[1] https://github.com/cvasilak/aerogear-ios/blob/0758ed6260300eb977c9c69c78b1e4d280da3a95/.travis.yml