[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush Server + MondoDB ideas/requirements

Burr Sutter bsutter at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 07:39:04 EDT 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 6:15 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Karel Piwko <kpiwko at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to collect requirements for MongoDB usage in UPS. So far, I have
> following list in mind:
>
> 1/ Drop-in replacement for JPA (avoiding two WARs if possible)
>
> yeah, that would be best :-)
+1

> 2/ db integration on AS/WF/EAP (module)
What are you thinking about from a JBoss module perspective?

> 3/ integration with OpenShift MongoDB gear
>
> +1
+1

> Additional interesting stuff I can think of:
>
> * Enabled horizontal scaling for MongoDB instances
> * transaction model Mongo vs JPA
> * performance tests NoSQL vs SQL
> * security model Mongo vs JPA
> * combination of JPA + MongDB storages (JBoss Teiid)
>
> +1 sounds pretty reasonable
For me, +1 to hortizontal scaling, transactions, performance, security
but -1 for Teiid as a "data store" for our push registrations.

There are other uses for Teiid but introducing a dependency here will be costly with little possible return on that investment.

With that said, I do forsee some enterprise integration use cases that could involve Teiid but that would still be secondary to Camel and showing off things like jBPM (notifications of new tasks in the workflows).