[aerogear-dev] REST Installation Registration - Authentication problem

A577127 antoine.matyja at worldline.com
Wed Mar 26 10:06:09 EDT 2014

Hey,

I have an AeroGear UnifiedPush Server running on Windows 7. I registered my
application and got the Application ID and Master secret. I added a variant
for my Android app.

Now I want to register the installation for my app on my device. I want to
do this without having to change my application, so instead of using
AeroGear SDK for Android, I want to register my app's token "manually" with
the REST API provided by AeroGear.

I read this tutorial (#Installation Registration) :
http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-server-push/
<http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-server-push/>

Since I can't use curl on windows, I'm using "Postman", a chrome plugin to
send custom HTTP requests. I had a few problems :

- The URL https://SERVER:PORT/context/rest/registry/device doesn't respond
to HTTPS. It does with HTTP. (same for all other rest urls)

- I "translated" the curl command to POST parameters, but when I send it I
get an authentication request, even though I already set the App ID and
master secret in the header, in "Authorization" (I searched a little about
it, the value is "AppID:MasterSecret" base64 encoded)
I tryed to use the username/password from my AG UnifiedPush server, it
didn't work, same for App ID/Master secret. After cancelling I get
"Unauthorized Request" of course.

Here's a screenshot of the HTTP POST request configuration :
<http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/file/n7128/shot1.png>
And the form I get when I send it :
<http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/file/n7128/shot2.png>

Thanks in advance,