[aerogear-dev] REST Installation Registration - Authentication problem

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 12:16:47 EDT 2014

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 07:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
A577127 <antoine.matyja at worldline.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have an AeroGear UnifiedPush Server running on Windows 7. I registered my
> application and got the Application ID and Master secret. I added a variant
> for my Android app.
>
> Now I want to register the installation for my app on my device. I want to
> do this without having to change my application, so instead of using
> AeroGear SDK for Android, I want to register my app's token "manually" with
> the REST API provided by AeroGear.
>
> I read this tutorial (#Installation Registration) :
> http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-server-push/
> <http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-server-push/>
>
> Since I can't use curl on windows, I'm using "Postman", a chrome plugin to
> send custom HTTP requests. I had a few problems :
>
> - The URL https://SERVER:PORT/context/rest/registry/device doesn't respond
> to HTTPS. It does with HTTP. (same for all other rest urls)

You have to enable https connector on the server. You need to:

1/ have a keystore/truststore with certificate (either real cert or you can
create one on your own (you can actually use the one in integration-tests )

2/ you need to enable https on the server - here is how we do that using jboss
cli -
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server-integration-tests/blob/master/setup/enable_https.cli

3/ beware, by default https uses port 8443 instead of 8080

4/ if you are using own certificate, likely you'd need to alter Postman
configuration somehow (no experience here). We are using RESTAssured instead of
curl and it works fine.