[aerogear-dev] Modularization and Push

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 12:10:07 EDT 2014

On 03/31/2014 11:38 AM, Karel Piwko wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:09:14 +0200
> Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Karel Piwko <kpiwko at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd prefer a) unless you plan to regularly release milestones of b) into
>>> Maven
>>> Central. Relying on snapshots in demos and tests is a PITA.
>>
>> of course there will be an "android-push.jar" (library) on maven central
> So the original question can be translated to: "Should we continue developing in
> master or in a feature branch?"
The plan as I see it (and passos can correct me) is that we would keep
aerogear-android as it is and create a "forked" project which is only
aerogear-android-gcm-push and the bits it needs with no dependency on
aerogear-android.  This MAY be a jar but will probably be an apklib and
aar artifact.

We (android) don't want to modularize the whole project right now
because that will be a lot of work to maintain 1.x compatibility for
semver and we aren't ready to build 2.0 yet.

>>> And this looks like
>>> a lot of effort, so branch might be living its own life for a very long
>>> time.
>>>
>>> Karel

Summers Pittman