[aerogear-dev] Android OAuth2 PR

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Mon May 5 08:36:59 EDT 2014

Hello Summers

First quick review, here are the feedback/questions:

1. add a cookbook recipe to help for demoing Android OAuth2. I've successfully tested it using @secondsun 's demo [1]. It should be part of android-cookbook with some readme instructions on how to fill OAuth2 Google Drive config will help (See the one for iOS [2]). As we're using public OAuth client, no client secret is required we could used a pre-configured one like iOS and JS?

2. Android version is now definitively ahead of iOS one ;) as you’ve implemented refresh token but configuration is very alike for the naming etc… +1

3. I like AuthzSevice idea where we store the tokens for easier automatic refresh. Most end-user app will ask for grant only once so such a service that retieve and check validity of token is needed;
- But, what about making it configurable to leave the option to store or not to store tokens?
- The storage for refresh token should be more secure either encrypted storage with ag-crypto or keychain/keystore. wdyt?

4. not sure about what is the purpose of AdditionalAuthorizationParams in AuthzConfig?

5. Obviously as you said more work need to be done for removing token, Authorizer..
for iOs we have an epic AGIOS-188 [3] for all Oauth2 work. Checking Android tickets, I was a bit surprised by AGDROID-244 and AGDROID-242, does it mean support for OAuth?

Good work! Need to look into AGIOS-145 refresh token and (newly created) AGIOS-190 AuthzService to catch up with you guys.

++
Corinne

[1] https://github.com/secondsun/aerogear-android-oauth2-demo
[2] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-ios-cookbook/blob/master/GoogleDrive/GoogleDrive.md#google-setup-optional