[aerogear-dev] Modularizing the Android Library

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Fri May 9 02:52:16 EDT 2014

Hi Passos,

Actually this library sepration is not just an android concern. We need modularity for iOS too. It something we’ve been talking about too in or last iOS meeting [1]. I have created an epic JIRA [2] to track iOS modularity. Once we agreed on library content, we create more sub-tasks.
Here is what I was thinking (here i leave android but same for iOS):

aerogear-android-pipe
aerogear-android-secure-pipe (auth, autz) dependant on aerogear-android-pipe
aerogear-android-store
aerogear-android-push-registration (one of the repo need renaming, for ios we have registration at the end)
aerogear-android-secure-store (keyservices) dependant on aerogear-android-store
aerogear-android-offline dependant on aerogear-android-store
aerogear-android-sync dependant on aerogear-android-pipe (?) and/or aerogear-android-offline
aerogear-ios-crypto

@abstractj I’d keep auth/authz and encryption separate as it has different dependancy one on pipe and another on store. Having small modules gives the user more choice. An app might want auth without encryption for ex.
@passos what is messaging for?

++
Corinne
[1] http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/aerogear/2014/aerogear.2014-04-08-11.46.txt