[aerogear-dev] checkstyle on aerogear-parent

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue May 20 15:20:52 EDT 2014

The only reason to have checkstyle enabled by default is: if we agree on
which rules should be active or not and provide an specific IDE setup.

Other than that, people like me will skip it. Why? Simple, I'm trying to
solve critical problems and also strugging to figure out why checkstyle
is do care about method lenght.

So to me if you're guys really want to introduce it we need:

- Definition of which rules were supposed to be active
- IDE profiles for Eclipse/IntelliJ
- Make the error messages something clear

Otherwise, I'm -∞. It was never discussed here and if it exists on
aerogear-parent is all our fault.

On 2014-05-20, Daniel Bevenius wrote:
> -1 I'd prefer to have checkstyle enabled by default, and integrate the
> checkstyle into the IDE to avoid having to discover issue later when
> building with maven.
>

> On 20 May 2014 20:56, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
>
> > +1 on having an specific profile for checkstyle
> >
> > On 2014-05-20, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > w/ the advent of the 0.2.0 parent, we have checkstyle enabled;
> > >
> > > However, I am not that happy, as the default rules are IMO a bit odd
> > (e.g.
> > > the unused imports is pretty nasty when developing)
> > >
> > > We could:
> > > a) get rid of it (perhaps not)
> > > b) disable it on normal execution and only execute it on a release
> > profile
> > > or like that
> > >
> > > right now I am running w/ skip - but that's a bit nasty...
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> > > Matthias
> > >
> > > --
> > > Matthias Wessendorf