[aerogear-dev] [status] Quickstarts for Mobile Push 1.0.0 community release

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed May 28 10:00:45 EDT 2014

Hello,

we just met for the quickstarts; The work should be done by mid June or
earlier. So that we have all of that working fine and polished for our
Face2Face meeting.
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/459590aa794c5f97c99a#server>SERVER

   - Josh's PicketLink/JAX-RS version is almost there (a few things to
   polish)
   - Dan worked with James on a gateway version (using Fabric8, see [1])
   (The idea is have the mobile devices talk to the gateway and have the
   gateway/proxy do the work against the JAX-RS app (that might behind the
   firewall))

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/459590aa794c5f97c99a#clients>CLIENTS

   - Passos is about to finish the Android version
   - Christos is about to finish the iOS version
   - Cordova versions (jqm / Angular) are done, by Erik

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/459590aa794c5f97c99a#structure-of-the-gh-repo>Structure
of the GH REPO

/servers/
... /contacts-mobile-picketlink-secured
... /contacts-mobile-proxy
/clients/
... /cordova/
...... /contacts-mobile-cordova-jqm-client
...... /contacts-mobile-cordova-angular-client
... /contacts-mobile-android-client
... /contacts-mobile-ios-client

   - If time allows (we think yes), the 'web-app' from the PL/JAXRS will be
   a separated WAR file

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/459590aa794c5f97c99a#issues>ISSUES

   - jqm has issues with older androids; Well, according to the team only
   Android 4.4 only works 'acceptable' w/ JQM
   - Erik suggested removing the transitions (might make things faster)

We will revist next week, otherwise Luke/Lukas might get a 'chance' :-) to
take a look as well

Any questions ?

-Matthias

[1] https://github.com/fabric8io/fabric8/tree/master/gateway