[aerogear-dev] gwtcon

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 05:14:56 EST 2014

On 10 Nov,2014, at 10:39 , Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since this is basically what Appcelerator Titanium does and is pretty big scope...

Appcelerator enables you to create a xml to define the UI and translates that to native widgets, so adding an abstraction layer. That makes it less flexible and will  only make you native UI look and behave the same. I suggest we leave the creation of the UI alone and only provide a way to reuse the javascript code.

> But what you mean is just having a Cordova plugin that would allow to access native UI widgets, right?

No not really what I meant, I mean having cordova so that you can build a native UI (no webview) and have a way to invoke javascript functions from this native UI. It will still use cordova libs to enable the communication, but not like in a plugin more the other way around.