[aerogear-dev] [datasync] Diffsync demo screencast

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Nov 11 10:04:51 EST 2014

Hi Burr,

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> Does this address the offline/online scenario?
> And, it appears to be updating clients in “real-time”, is that based on
> websockets

For now, WS it is, yes.
For Android we also had ideas to leverage XMPP (over GCM), instead of
WebSocket. (see earlier thread from Summers)

On iOS WS itself is also not enough. Once the app is in background, after a
few minutes, the iOS operating system will tear down the persistent
connection. We can leverage PUSH to wake-up the app. I have a raw prototype
of that in the works (for playings)