[aerogear-dev] [datasync] Diffsync demo screencast

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 10:49:14 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Daniel Bevenius <daniel.bevenius at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >Does this address the offline/online scenario?
> In one way it does but I think offline will demand more work. All clients
> have what is currently called a sync-engine which is responsible for
> performing the diffs/sync stuff and also storing of data. How data is
> stored is then decided by the sync-client which in addition implements the
> networking that will be used. So, the current clients are all WebSocket
> based but we could provide others that use a native networking transport
> where available.  At least that is the idea.
> Not sure if that makes sense and you are right a diagram would help. Let
> me see what I can do.
>
> >I assume the server-side database is also being updated?
> Yep, but at the moment we are only we only providing an in-memory
> datastore. But we can provide different storage options similar to what we
> do for Simple Push at the moment.

Btw  at this point we do not specifically address how the Realtime Sync
Server synchronizes data to the custom backend store.
I.e. a storage that Dan is talking about is a standalone storage that is
fully owned by the Sync Server (currently in-memory, but I'm working on poc
of Infinispan integration).

For synchronization with custom backends (be it REST endpoint, LiveOak,
...), we would need to allow concept of adapters / connectors (that are
capable of bidirectional updates/change notifications).

http://aerogear.org/docs/planning/roadmaps/AeroGearDataSync/

For the custom backend scenario, we rather plan to offer Conflict
Resolution concept:

http://aerogear.org/docs/planning/roadmaps/AeroGearConflictResolution/

>>> https://github.com/danbev/aerogear-ios-sync-demo