[aerogear-dev] [UPS] Import/Export of installations

Stefan Miklosovic smikloso at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 05:31:09 EST 2014

Two more comments which come to my mind and are quite technical.

1) When you export Variant into JSON and you want to import it again, you fail to do so at this moment because Variant is abstract class and JSON unmarshaller do not know to which class it should be cast. Because of that we have to change model of Variant to add this on it (1). Maybe there is another option how to do that (e.g. according to some field in Variant and write custom JSON unmarshaller).

2) We have similar issue with VariantType, it fails to unmarshall at this moment without this modification (2)

(1) https://github.com/smiklosovic/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/f7fe2f5f58a8882aa5a3362d07a208c37b0d4403/model/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/api/Variant.java#L28
(2) https://github.com/smiklosovic/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/f7fe2f5f58a8882aa5a3362d07a208c37b0d4403/model/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/api/VariantType.java#L61-L69

Stefan Miklosovic
Red Hat Brno - JBoss Mobile Platform