[aerogear-dev] UPS server configuration interface?

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Nov 18 05:34:35 EST 2014

Question: What would be the best for you generate an ups-realm.json file
for download based on the current host or let the developer specify the
redirect URL?

I'm thinking about it
https://github.com/abstractj/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/db7639566e75f01a8cc79ff18f22daa61cc9cb30#diff-b8df82f22499b0118c37e0e363c4342aR80

On 2014-11-17, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>
> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Good morning amazing people.
> >>
> >> While working on AGPUSH-1047, I was wondering if would make sense on
> >> having a configuration page before users getting started.
> >>

> > you speak out of my mind, I thought about the same in the train, when I
> > saw you changes on GH (the URL replacements to KC and KC.js).
> >
> > We somehow should have a dialog right after installation, that asks
> > "default" or "custom" KC server etc
> >

> where
> * default would be -> KC and UPS on same server;
> custom: Provide URL for KC server
>

> >> I thinking about the current problem on decoupling our server from
> >> Keycloak[1] and OpenShift.
> >>
> >> What is the current proposal for the initial setup?
> >>
> >> 1. Developer create an UPS instance on OpenShift
> >> 2. Visit https://myups-abstractj.rhcloud.com/ag-push
> >> 3. The application automagically redirect to the configuration page with
> >> options to skip or enter the URL for the Keycloak server.
> >> 4. App changes the keycloak.json/ups-realm.json file based on the URL
> >> provided.
> >>
> >> Does it make sense?
> >>

> > yes, it absolutely does!
> >

> >> [1] -