[aerogear-dev] OAuth2, OpenID connect and AeroGear

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Oct 8 22:49:21 EDT 2014

Good morning,

Today we had a meeting to discuss some of the priorities for security on
AeroGear[1]. One of the items is OAuth2 support. Currently we have
several great examples and implementations for GDrive, flows for
Keycloak and etc.

Although is a bit confuse for developers getting started from scratch.
I would like to keep our libaries aligned, considering the limitations
of each technology of course, as well consolidate each flow[2].

Also the team agreed that OpenID connect (with Facebook and Google) should be considered a low
priority at the moment. That said I have some open questions:

- Should we provide separated SDKs for OAuth2? Or let's put everything
into *-auth and break into modules later?

Note: Not only for Keycloak, but also compatible with other technologies
like passport on Node.js. In the end, OAuth2 is just a protocol and
should support other servers.

- Should we provide examples for OpenID connect? Or abstractions?

To track this issue, we have the following Jira[3] and another for
OpenID connect[4]. Fell free to link to your respective project.

[1] -
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/aerogear/2014/aerogear.2014-10-08-14.00.html

[2] - https://gist.github.com/abstractj/04136c6df85cea5f35d1

[3] - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGSEC-180