[aerogear-dev] Admin endpoints

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Thu Oct 9 15:58:32 EDT 2014

On 2014-10-09, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Sébastien Blanc <scm.blanc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Another option could be :
> > - no change or addition of any endpoint
> > -no change on the angular side
> >
> > Since the result is the same : we want a list of applications (for admin
> > there is just no restriction on developer that owns it)
> > But in the service layer when retrieving the applications we check the
> > role (do we have a method hasRole(string) ? ) to see if we add the criteria
> > of developer.
> >

> yeah, that;s what I had in my email from last night as well. the service
> returns a list of applications.

I think this is very clear to everyone and the basic principle of this
jira.

> Inside we handle the different cases:
> - admin
>    Select all (e.g. "select pa from PushApplication pa")
> -developer
>    select 'my apps' (e.g. "select pa from PushApplication pa where
> pa.developer = :loginName")

This is the recommendation from KC documentation
http://docs.jboss.org/keycloak/docs/1.0.2.Final/userguide/html/ch07.html#d4e611.

So what do you guys suggest is: If I have several methods to validate
multiple roles, just add if/else all along the UPS code? And if I have a new
role, include more ifs?

I think it can be done inject the SecurityContext, have to check with
Stian and Bill. But it doesn't seem right.

> -Matthias
>

> > Envoyé de mon iPhone
> >
> > > Le 9 oct. 2014 à 17:45, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> a écrit :
> > >
> > > Good morning, moving forward with
> > > https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1036. What is the most
> > > recommended approach for admin-ui.
> > >
> > > Have separated endpoints for the admin like:
> > >
> > > 1.
> > >
> > > @RolesAllowed("admin")
> > > @Path("/admin/applications")
> > > public class AdminApplicationEndpoint extends AbstractBaseEndpoint {
> > >
> > >    @GET
> > >    @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
> > >    public Response listAllPushApplications(){
> > >        //queries
> > >    }
> > > }
> > >
> > > Or introduce a new method inside the current PushApplicationEndpoint:
> > >
> > > 2.
> > >
> > >    @GET
> > >    @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
> > >    @RolesAllowed("admin")
> > >    public Response listAllPushApplications(){
> > >      //queries
> > >    }
> > >    // READ
> > >    @GET
> > >    @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
> > >    public Response listAllPushApplicationsByUsername(@Context
> > HttpServletRequest request) {
> > >        return
> > Response.ok(pushAppService.findAllPushApplicationsForDeveloper(extractUsername(request))).build();
> > >    }
> > >

> > > If the option 2 is the correct. How the Angular.js service would look
> > > like? Once the username is not informed as argument on
> > > pushApplicationService.js, because for obvious reasons it can be
> > > retrieved with HttpServletRequest.
> > >
> > > One of my poor ideas due to my "amazing" Angular skills would be to do
> > > something like:
> > >
> > >    @GET
> > >    @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
> > >    @RolesAllowed("admin")
> > >    @Path("/all")
> > >    public Response listAllPushApplications(){
> > >      //queries
> > >    }
> > >
> > > And:
> > >
> > > backendMod.factory('pushApplication', function ($resource) {
> > >  return $resource('rest/applications/all/:verb', {
> > >

> > > Help?
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > abstractj
> > > PGP: 0x84DC9914