[aerogear-dev] Eating our own dog food, or TOTP demos for AeroGear

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Thu Oct 9 16:42:32 EDT 2014

No way, Matthias. OTP must be always offline. To retrieve the shared
secret, we scan the QR Code.

Maybe the iOS demo is doing it (have to revisit and confirm)[1].
On Android, I'm pretty much sure that QR Code scanning was already
implemented.

We don't need to be perfect, get what is already done, improve if
possible or release what is already done.

[1] -
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-otp-ios-demo/blob/5b23acbaf5c3cd74377efdd483b43a65befb11ee/AeroGear-OTP-Demo/AeroGear-OTP-Demo/Utilities/AGOTPClient.m#L63

On 2014-10-09, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:
>
> > On 2014-10-09, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> > > It's always great feedback when I show the OTP demo. Attendees at
> > > conferences love it!

> > > with release, what do you mean? Submit to the stores?
> > > On Apple one reason we never submitted anything to their App Store is
> > their
> > > rules clearly indicate no demos are allowed in there.
> >
> > I understand, it can be a real and non paid app. Once it does not depends
> > on
> > internet connection at this moment.
> >

> isn't the iOS OTP "demo" connecting to a JAX-RS backend for the tokens?

> > > The only thing is perhaps making sure the backend part of our OTP demo is
> > > (always) up :)

> > > I like giving these nice demos, and their used AeroGear technology, some
> > > more love and visibility.

> > > --
> > > Matthias Wessendorf
> > >
> > > blog: http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/