[aerogear-dev] iOS AeroGear 2.0.0 is on its way

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:24:13 EDT 2014

Hello Swift lovers,

AeroGear iOS 2.0.0 is coming soon… It’s ready for you to test and it's all in Swift.

But what does it mean for AerGear iOS users?

More than just a Swift version, 2.0.0 brings major changes:
- modularization: AeroGear-iOS repo is splitted in several smaller libs.
- deprecated Pipe: http calls use lean aerogear-ios-http directly built on top of NSURLSession offering a convenient API for accessing RESTful services. [1]
- enhance OAuth2 module with support for Google, Facebook, Keyclaok and a pluggable system to provide support for your own favourite provider. [2]
- backend demo for Keycloak OAuth2 integration. Check out Shoot'nShare demo, read this blog post for more details. [3]
- and Swift based: we've been working on it since Swift birth, last june, we went through updating code base to support latest Xcode6.1 version. Come and share the Swift adventure with us, give it a trial and send us feedback.

++
Corinne && Christos
[1] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-ios-http
[2] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-ios-oauth2